The Eudaimonia Institute (EI) at Wake Forest University invites applications and nominations for visiting Fellows to spend varying lengths of time in residence working on projects related to the Institute’s mission. The Institute offers competitive funding for visitors.
While at Wake Forest, it is expected that EI Fellows will:
- Pursue an independent research project.
- Give at least one public talk.
- Seek out collaboration with campus partners, including, where appropriate:
- Attending departmental colloquia, lectures, talks, and/or social events;
- Meeting with and/or mentor students;
- Guest lecturing in relevant classes;
- Conducting research or teaching workshop(s) with interested faculty and/or students; and
- Contributing generally to the intellectual life of the Wake Forest community.
After applying below, selection of visitors will be made by members of the Faculty Advisory Board of the Eudaimonia Institute based on candidates’ expected contributions to EI’s mission, to original research, and to Wake Forest’s intellectual community. The process is as follows:
- Members of the Institute’s Faculty Advisory Board will review submitted applications.
- The Board will make a recommendation to the Executive Director.
- If appropriate, relevant departments or units of Wake Forest University will be approached regarding affiliation with the selected candidates.
- Invitations will be offered to the selected candidates.
To help us evaluate your application, please submit the requested materials below. In your proposal, please provide a description of what you would like to accomplish in your time visiting at Wake Forest. Is there a particular research project on which you would like to work? How might you enrich the intellectual community of Wake Forest? Are there particular faculty members or departments with which you have collaborated in the past or would like to collaborate while visiting? Be sure to include when and for how long you would like to visit, a tentative schedule of progress, and any intended publication outlets. Please limit your proposal to a maximum of five pages.